Peugeot Metropolis 400 ABS
Peugeot have given their Metropolis three-wheel scooter a major makeover for 2017, maintaining its reputation as the most technically advanced in its class, while retaining its streamlined styling and striking looks. This A2 category motorcycle can be ridden on a car licence by drivers who passed their test before 19 January 2013 and is packed with innovations - Dual Tilting front wheels, Tyre Pressure Management System, smart-key ignition, electronic parking brake and adjustable screen. Updates include a new low-friction PowerMotion engine, larger front wheels, re-engineered chassis and suspension, Traction Control, ABS and an emergency braking warning system.
Developed to meet tough Euro 4 emission standards, the 400cc LFE PowerMotion engine delivers class-leading performance, extra torque at low revs and improved fuel economy. Lightweight 13" front wheels with Michelin Citygrip tyres, redesigned suspension settings and a 50% stiffer frame give enhanced road-holding with lighter and more responsive steering. Stopping power and control is enhanced with a Continental ABS unit and Nissin callipers, reducing braking distances by 23% compared to the previous model. Riders can also activate SBC combined braking with the foot pedal, distributing braking effort evenly between front and rear brakes. For additional safety, the hazard warning lights are automatically triggered during emergency braking. At speeds over 50 km/h [31 mph], the system activates the hazard lights if the vehicle slows by more than 6 m/s [13 mph], and turns itself off when the deceleration is less than 2.5 m/s [5.5 mph].
Switchable TCS (Traction Control System) allows riders to choose the optimum setting for the conditions, with three settings to choose from; Urban, Sport and off.
For everyday comfort & convenience, there’s a USB socket in the glove box and an enlarged boot that can hold a full-face helmet. The Peugeot Metropolis also comes with two smart keys, that are electronically recognised within a radius of 1.5 metres.
PEUGEOT METROPOLIS 400 ABS SPECIFICATION
- Engine: 400cc 4-valve injection Liquid Cooled
- Power: 27.4kW / 37 HP
- Fuel consumption: 72 mpg (combined)
- Safety: ABS Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Transmission: Automatic
- L x W x H: 2160 x 745 x 1445 mm
- Wheelbase: 1555 mm
- Seat Height: 780 mm
- Kerb Weight: 258 kg
- Fuel capacity 13.5L
- Tyres: 110/70 – 13’’ (Front) 140/70 – 14’’ (Rear)
- Brakes: Twin 230 mm discs (Front) 240 mm disc (Rear)
- Licence Type: A2 or B License Type Required
Top quality, experience and 110 years history
A key player in urban mobility in Europe for 113 years, Peugeot Scooters holds the title as the oldest two-wheels motor vehicle manufacturer in the world. With its history of 110 years, Peugeot Scooters is resolutely geared towards the future. The adventure with mobility began in 1898 in the production plant in Beaulieu, Franche Comté. From the first cycle produced to the latest 100% electric scooter, our perpetually moving Brand never ceases to amaze with its ability to innovate and with its expertise.
Your safety is our priority
Peugeot Scooters highest priority. Although riding a scooter has great advantages, the rider is constantly exposed to the dangers of the road. This is why we will never compromise on the safety on-board of each of our vehicles.
Innovation, quality and testing. Your safety is our priority.
A dealer network that spans the UK
When you buy a Peugeot Scooter you are buying into a national scooter dealer network and the support that it brings. The kind of support that you cannot get from 'grey' imports and internet only outlets.
If you buy your Peugeot Scooter in Edinburgh and move to Southampton, you can take your Peugeot Scooter into the local Southampton dealer for it's service or repairs.
Dealers in our national scooter network are in turn supported by our technical support and our 35 plus years experience.
2 years unlimited mileage warranty
"Peace of mind for 2 years, however far you travel"
A high level of build quality means we are able to offer our 2 years, unlimited mileage warranty on every model in our range of scooters. That's not all.Your warranty is on the scooter and not limited to you, so if you sell your scooter, the warranty is passed on to the new owner meaning you have higher resale value. Also your Peugeot Scooter warranty covers both parts and labour, giving you peace of mind in the unlikely event of a problem. Some 'warranties' provided by other manufacturers only cover parts.
Buy parts from your local dealer or online
"Parts for your Peugeot Scooter both now and for the years to come"
Availabilty of scooter parts is a crucial factor in keeping your scooter on the road and in safe, working order. With 'grey' imports you never know how long you will be able to get parts and at what expense. With a Peugeot Scooter you can rest assured that your scooter will be supported for years to come, and when your scooter parts are purchased, they can be fitted by your local approved Peugeot Scooter technician.
Finance with competitive rates
We have teamed up with Black Horse Finance to bring you great finance deals. To see some approximate examples of finance on any model in the Peugeot Scooter range please go to finance section.
PEUGEOT METROPOLIS FAQs
1. What is it? In layman's terms, the Peugeot Metropolis is a 3-wheel scooter. The DVLA classify it as a “tricycle (not over 450kg unladen)”. Annual VED (road tax) is £80.00.
2. What are the UK driving licence requirements? The Peugeot Metropolis is classed as a Category A2 motorbike under European law. However, in the UK you can drive a motor tricycle of any power rating if you’re over 21 and have a full car driving licence issued before 19th January 2013. Otherwise you’ll need a category A2 motorbike licence to ride the Peugeot Metropolis.
3. Why does it have three wheels? With two front wheels that tilt when cornering and one rear wheel, the triangulated design of the Peugeot Metropolis offers a level of balance, grip and road-holding that is in a different leage to traditional two-wheel scooters and motorcycles. This is especially noticeable at low speeds and in adverse weather conditions.
4. What is Synchro Braking? Peugeot's SBC links the two front and single rear disc brakes for controlled and balanced stopping power. It effectively eliminates front end 'dive' and encourages the vehicle to remain stable, even under hard braking. Peugeot were the first motorcycle manufacturer to introduce ABS, but found SBC was a lighter and less expensive alternative that offered similar advantages in everyday use. The right hand brake lever operates the two front disc brakes, while the left hand lever operates all the vehicle brakes simultaneously, as does the brake pedal on the floor pan.
5. How does the price of the Peugeot Metropolis compare to similar vehicles? The only other manufacturer to offer a 3-wheel scooter is Piaggio. At £6999- the Peugeot Metropolis 400i is priced between the Piaggio MP3 Yourban 300ie (£6034) and MP3 500IE SPORT ABS (£7634). Most large capacity 2-wheel executive scooters sell for >£8500 (e.g. Yamaha T-Max 500, BMW C600 Sport and Suzuki Burgman 650).
6. Are technological features included as standard? Yes. Tyre pressure monitors with a real time display in the dashboard, electric parking brake and keyless ignition operated by a smart fob are all standard.
* Purchase Information
The above ‘RRP’ price includes manufacturer’s delivery, pre-delivery inspection, petrol, number plate and VAT at 20%. Government first registration fee and vehicle excise duty are not included and will be charged at the prevailing rate. All finance examples shown above use the ‘Cash Price’, which includes the government first registration fee and vehicle excise duty.
Specifications and prices may change without notice due to availability of materials, and product changes.